- Define homeostasis.
- How does the membrane contribute to cell homeostasis ? Draw and level a cell membrane.
- Give the physiological range of concentration of Na+, K+, Cl-, HCO-3, glucose and Ca++ in plasma.
- List the membrane transport processes with example. Or, What is membrane transport? Classify it.
- What is electrogenic pump ?
- State the Na+- K+ pump with importance.
- What do you mean by R.M.P and action potential ?
- Draw and label action potential of a large nerve fibre, ventricular muscle and SA node of heart.
- How is R.M.P generated and maintained in cell ?
- What is positive feedback and negative feedback mechanism? Explain with example. Write about the negative feedback regulation in our body.
- Usually positive feedback regulation is harmful to our body, show it with example.
- What is adaptive control ?
- ‘Negative feedback mechanism’ is beneficial for regulating normal body function— explains with example.
- What is end plate potential ?
- How action potential is produced in the cell ?
- Describe the role of Ca++in muscle contraction.
- Write down the events of skeletal muscle contraction and relaxation.
- What is a plateau?
- Describe any four of membranous organelles with function.
- Differentiate simple diffusion from active transport. Active transport and facilatated difffusion.
- Write down : Define of diffusion with it’s example & osmosis.
- Describe briefly about diffusion. Give difference between diffusion and Na+ – K+
- Give the basic mechanism of transport of Na+ cross an epithelial sheet with diagram.
- Draw and label a typical cell.
- Name the non-membrane bound organelles. Give the function of Ribosome.
- Write the function of cell organelles, ER, cytoskeleton.
- Draw & label action potential.
- Write down a typical cell membrane, protein, Carbohydrate.
- What is exocytosis? Write the criteria of osmosis.
- Briefly mention about lipid soluble and lipid insoluble substance passing through a membrane.
- Write Short notes on :
a). Endoplasmic reticulum.
d). Muscle contraction
g). Neuro muscular junction
i). Triple response
m). Na+-K+ pump mechanism
n). Cell membrane protein.
32. (a) The sodium potassium pump controls cell volume, explain it.
(b) What is sodium potassium ATP ase ?
(c) Enumerate factors which favours diffusion through cell membrane.
(d) What are the difference between skeletal cardiac Muscle.